How to Paint Dark Angels by Lil’Legend Studio
The Dark Angels were once considered the foremost defenders of humanity, but during the tumultuous era of the Horus Heresy, their loyalty became shrouded in secrecy and suspicion. Despite their storied history of valorous deeds, rumors swirled that the Dark Angels harbored a dark secret that could shake the very foundations of the Imperium. Their enigmatic Primarch, Lion El’Jonson, remained aloof and detached from the wider conflict, leading many to question his loyalties. As the war raged on and brother turned against brother, the Dark Angels fought with grim determination, their motives and ultimate goals known only to a select few.
This is a comprehensive learning resource for the Dark Angels Legion. This masterclass takes you through everything needed to create your own Angels of Death. This is a living document and will be updated periodically with new tutorials.
How to Paint Dark Angels Masterclass series covers:
- The complete step-by-step PDF for Forge World’s official colour scheme, written by MATHEW KANE.
You can find all of our Dark Angels works via the search tab on this website.
Not only do you gain access to all of these tutorials, but you gain access to EVERY TUTORIAL we have produced via the Patreon Courses. They are designed to help YOU get the most out of your hobby time. We cover everything from display painting to quick recipes for armies.
This Masterclass series covers:
- The complete step by step of The Lion. The base, the face and all in between this is the definitive video series on how to paint your Warmaster.
- How to create the perfect Calbian black. Polished, lustred and void hardened.
- 2 video guides on how to create YOUR perfect Dark Angel Black. We have a basic guide using 2 paints to a more complex version if you have more time to spend developing your force. These tutorials have been designed with the ethos of giving you the tools to decide your own colour recipes and the theory to decide what is best for you.
- How to paint a Blood Angels Dreadnought – Blood Angels you say? It’s a black dreadnought that is beginner freindly. We cover simple weathering, colour modulation, adding decals, oils, and heat bloom.
- How to paint the Dark Angels Companions – the Elite of First.
- BONUS VIDEO: ADVANCED BLACK ARMOUR. How to develop battered plate – a great video for any brush users.